Skyline Drive runs through Shenandoah National Park and offers stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you find yourself getting hungry along the drive, you might look for a spot to grab a bite to eat. While there aren’t many dining options directly on the drive, there are nearby towns where you can find restaurants and eateries. We’ve organized this list from north to south, so depending on where you are on Skyline Drive, you can find a spot near you.
Skyline Drive only has 4 entrances, so keep in mind that weather and construction can create road closures and make it difficult to reach some of these spots. Be sure to map the restaurants before visiting. Also, many of these restaurants have unique hours of operation, so it’s best to give them a call before visiting to be sure they’re open.
Front Royal, Virginia – Near Front Royal Entrance
- Soul Mountain Restaurant– Just a few minutes off of Skyline Drive, this casual spot is known for a creative lineup of BBQ & soul food in a wood-lined storefront space.
- Castiglia’s Italian Restaurant: Also just a short drive from Skyline Drive, this Italian spot is known for its pizza and pasta. It’s casual enough that you can still stop in after a day of hiking.
Luray, Virginia – Near Thornton Gap Entrance
- The Mimslyn Inn Dining Room: If you’re in the mood for fine dining, this upscale speakeasy-style bar and restaurant is the place to go! It’s about 15 minutes outside of the Thornton Gap Entrance Station, but it’s worth the trip!
- Triple Crown BBQ: If you’re looking for a more casual spot to grab a bite, this BBQ stand is a great place to grab food for a picnic.
- Dominico’s Pizza: For a sit-down restaurant with a casual vibe, check out Dominico’s Pizza for Italian food favorites.
Stanley, Virginia– Near Swift Run Gap Entrance
- C&S Diner– This spot is one of the only places near the Swift Run Gap entrance, but it’s an excellent spot for southern home cooking. Be sure to check their hours before visiting.
Sperryville, Virginia– Near Thornton Gap Entrance
- Off the Grid– This quaint cafe is just a short drive from the Thornton Gap Entrance Station, and not only do they have delicious food, they also offer free electric vehicle charging!
- Three Blacksmiths– For an upscale dining experience, try this spot with a pre-fixe dinner menu. They’re open for indoor dinner service Wednesdays – Saturdays at 7pm by online reservation only. This is a unique spot but if you can time it right, it’s a great option for a foodie!
Waynesboro, Virginia– Near Rockfish Gap Entrance
- The Green Leaf Grill: Known for its farm-to-table approach, this restaurant often features locally sourced ingredients and a creative menu.
- Heritage on Main Street– This casual pub-style restaurant has American classics and a popular happy hour.
- Blue Mountain Brewery: Technically this place is in Afton, VA, but it’s only a short drive from the Skyline Drive Rockfish Gap entrance. This popular spot serves up pizza and classic American comfort food and it’s a great spot to grab a beer. They have a huge patio so it’s a perfect spot to gather with friends and family!