Looking for the best places to eat in Cape Charles, VA? We’ve got a list of the best spots from family-friendly meals to upscale dining, as well as our favorite spots for getting a cocktail! Cape Charles is known for its quaint charm and waterfront setting. It’s a small place so many of these places are walkable from the city and vacation rentals, but some may require a short drive. Remember that some spots have seasonal hours so it’s always best to check the website before visiting!
The Best Places to Eat in Cape Charles
- The Shanty on the Bay: This waterfront restaurant offers seafood and American cuisine with outdoor seating. It’s a popular spot so we recommend making reservations in advance. This is a fancier spot, so it’s perfect for a date night!
- Hook @ Harvey: This fine dining spot was named Best of Virginia by Virginia Living and the food lives up to the hype! It can be hard to get a seat so be sure to make a reservation.
- The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek: While this spot is known for its seafood, visitors are also drawn to the scenic view of the water. This spot also has Sunday Brunch so it’s a great spot for a weekend visit!
- Ambrogia Caffé & Enoteca: If you’re looking for something beyond seafood, this Italian spot is a great way to switch it up. Some seafood items are still on the menu, but they also have some Italian classics for those looking for pasta. This was one of our favorite spots because we loved the cozy atmosphere and the food was delicious.
- Cape Charles Coffee House: If you’re looking for a good cafe spot that has coffee, pastries, and light breakfast or lunch items, we love this coffee house! The service is great and the food is very reasonably priced.
- Deadrise Pizza: Not only is the pizza at Deadrise uniquely delicious, it’s also a great family friendly spot. We loved the variety on the menu and they had an extensive drink menu, so we couldn’t resist sharing a bottle of wine.
The Best Places to Get a Drink in Cape Charles
- Cape Charles Distillery: If you’re looking for a place to grab a cocktail, this is the place! They have a variety of hard liquor options and their drink menu is creative and unique.
- Kelly’s Gingernut Pub: Known for its pub atmosphere, Kelly’s is a good spot to grab a drink and perhaps catch some live music. We enjoyed a few drinks at the bar on a rainy Saturday and it was a nice spot to catch up with friends.
- Chatham Vineyards: This spot is a bit of a drive but it’s a gorgeous vineyard with plenty of green space. We did a wine tasting and then shared a bottle with a picnic we brought from home. It was a great way to enjoy a sunny afternoon!
- Buskey on the Bay: This cidery has a variety of unique flavors so we recommend trying a flight! They also have board games, making this a family-friendly spot to hang out.
I visited Cape Charles over Memorial Day weekend with some girlfriends and even though it rained almost non-stop, we had such a lovely weekend. We browsed the boutiques while eating and drinking our way through the town. Even with bad weather, it was such a great vacation! This spot is certainly worth the trip.