Foodies are in luck because September is packed with foodie events and activities in Virginia. We’re talking food truck battles, oyster roasts, apple harvest festivals, beer benefits, and more unique foodie throwdowns all across the state. Find an event near you and get in the fall spirit!
- Virginia Spirits Month – September
- 26th Annual Taste of the Mountains Festival – September 1st (Madison)
Arts, crafts, bands, food, pony rides, antique autos, family fun, beer & wine tasting, heritage demonstrations & more all included in free admission!
- 4th Annual Food Truck Battle – September 2nd (Fishersville)
Come out to support the Benefit the Madee Project all while enjoying food from various local food trucks.
- National Cheese Pizza Day – September 5th
- 60th Armenian Food Festival – September 6-9th (Richmond)
Enjoy all the delicacies of Armenian Food at this long-standing festival.
- Cork-N-Brew Oyster Roast – September 8th (Lanexa)
Local oysters, seafood, beer, and wine. What’s not to love?
- Taste of Suffolk Downtown Street Festival – September 8th (Suffolk)
Enjoy specialty food items from local restaurants all over Suffolk and see all the goods and services that crafters, vendors and merchants have to offer.
- Great Grapes Wine & Food Festival – September 8th (Leesburg)
Sip and savor the afternoon, relax in the beautiful setting of the Village at Leesburg with hundreds of wine options available.
- B’dam Brew JAM Craft Beer Festival – September 8th (Beaverdam)
Chillax and enjoy some of the finest beers and ciders from Virginia and beyond, along with eats and music.
- Swine & Wine Fest – September 8 (Brookneal)
A BBQ competition, Virginia wine and craft beer, plus live music make for a great evening at Sans Soucy Vineyards.
- National Chocolate Milkshake Day – September 12th
- National Peanut Day – September 13th
- Virginia Craft Spirits Roadshow – September 15th (Fredericksburg)
Calling all lovers of local spirits! This event will include all samples of artisan spirits as well as craft cocktails from numerous Virginia distilleries, and local brews.
- 2018 Virginia Cider Festival – September 15th (Fredericksburg)
Enjoy hard ciders from all around the country as well as local Virginia favorites at this cider festival.
- Pork By the James BBQ Competition – September 15th (Buchanan)
If you’re a fan of meat and music, you’ll love Buchanan’s Pork By the James Seriously Smokin’ Barbeque Competition.
- Commonwealth Coastal Classic – September 15th (Norfolk)
The inclusive food and beverage ticket includes all day feasting from bountiful themed tables prepared by more than 35 Chefs and Oyster Waterman from across the state, and enjoyed with more than 50 Virginia fine wines, seasonal and limited release craft beers, spirits and craft cocktails.
- Rockbridge Pie Festival – September 15th (Natural Bridge)
The Rockbridge Pie Festival came into being when a group of Community Pool supporters were looking for a fundraising event that would be enjoyable for the community, and why not pie?
- 19th Annual Apple Butter Celebration – September 15th (Skyland)
Watch the process of apple boiling, give the kettle a stir, try a delicious sample, and take home some fresh-from-the-kettle jars of apple butter!
- Lynchburg Beer, Wine & Cider Festival – September 15th (Lynchburg)
Enjoy over 75 different options of craft beer, ciders and wine all hand picked and selected from right here in the state of Virginia.
- 22nd Annual Neptune’s Fall Wine Festival – September 15-16th (Virginia Beach)
Enjoy delicious food, live entertainment and the opportunity to purchase the wines you like by the bottle and case all while being on the oceanfront.
- Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival – September 15-16th (Clear Brook)
Family games galore, hard ciders & craft beers, plus everything apples make this a family friendly event everyone can enjoy.
- Stratford Hall Wine & Oyster Festival – September 15-16th (Stratford)
If you love the combination of great wines, delicious local seafood and fine crafts and artisans, you’ll love this festival.
- National Guacamole Day – September 16th
- National Cheeseburger Day – September 18th
- Roanoke Greek Festival – September 21-23 (Roanoke)
Come out for authentic foods, costumes, dances and enjoy the festival grounds so that you can become “Greek for a Day.”
- St. Benedict’s Oktoberfest – September 21-23 (Richmond)
In true Oktoberfest spirit, over fifty craft and German beers will be offered at this year’s Oktoberfest.
- National Ice Cream Cone Day – September 22nd
- 45th Annual Boones Mill Apple Festival – September 22nd (Boones Mill)
The Boones Mill Apple Festival is a fall festival full of all your typical fall food and fun for the whole family.
- 22nd Annual Virginia Chili, Blues ‘N Brews Festival – September 22nd (Waynesboro)
This fest guarantees they will have 100+ Gallons of chili, brews and only the best blues.
- Brews & Blues Festival – September 22nd (Front Royal)
Bring your family and enjoy a day of fun, delicious food, great live entertainment, and of course, beer tasting.
- Grape Stomping Festival – September 23rd (Blacksburg)
This is a family event with grape stomping tubs f
or both adults and children, wine tastings, and live music.
- Hoopla at Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company – September 28-30 (Nelson County)
Hoopla Fest is a three day extravaganza celebrating all things good about beer, music, the outdoors, and food.
- Neptune Boardwalk Weekend – September 28-30th (Virginia Beach)
From free concerts and seaside wine tastings, to athletic events and a 32-block long celebration on the boardwalk – The Neptune Fest has been celebrating the Beach Life since 1974.
- Vegan Roots Fest – September 29th (Charlottesville)
Come out to get some awesome food, listen to speakers, grab a beer or wine, and learn all about veganism.
- National Coffee Day – September 29th
- Real Local RVA’s Urban Farm Tour + Party – September 29 (Richmond)
This year’s farm tour includes tours of four urban farms in the area, with each farm stop featuring “tastes of local” where something from the farm is incorporated into a snack for the guests.
- Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival – September 29-30 (Moneta)
30 Virginia wineries will be participating as well as 85 juried craft and food vendors. Live bands will also be there to entertain festival-goers.
- Brews that Benefit – September 30th (Williamsburg)
Brews that Benefit is taking over Alewerks brewery to benefit Friends of Williamsburg Regional Library! Welcome fall with an array of 10 Alewerks brews, games, raffles, snacks and live music. Use promo code VAFOODIE for 15% off ticket prices.