Oysters, moonshine, craft beer & more – Virginia’s food party doesn’t stop come Winter time! Here’s a rundown of foodie events & activities around the state in January.
- National Bloody Mary Day – January 1
- National Hot Toddy Day – January 11
- A Night of Makin’ Likker – January 12 (Rocky Mount)
Did you ever wonder how moonshine was made? Now you can find out with this legal moonshine operation demo & overnight stay in Franklin County.
- Porkuary Fest at Stable Craft Brewing – January 13 (Waynesboro)
This day-long celebration is devoted celebrating all parts of the pig! There will be beer & bacon pairings, buffets, and all things pig.
- National Gluten-Free Day – January 13
- Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival – January 13-14 (Doswell)
This event attracts fly anglers from across the country and combines fine wine tastings, microbrewery beer, & everything you want to know about fly fishing into one event.
- Richmond Jewish Food Festival – January 14-15 (Richmond)
From falafel to shakshuka, every foodie can find something to love at the annual Richmond Jewish Food Festival.
- Virginia Biological Farming Conference – January 22-24 (Hot Springs)
Virginia’s premier gathering of organic farmers, gardeners & supporters. Whether you’re an experienced grower or just starting out, you’ll find plenty to interest you.
- National Pie Day – January 23
- National Peanut Butter Day – January 24
- Frosty Brew Thru – January 27 (Fredericksburg)
An exclusive indoor tasting event featuring local craft beer, wine, and ciders.
- Know Good Beer Festival – January 27 (Charlottesville)
Know Good Beer is a local small business hosting beer tastings, artisans, musicians, and local food vendors while raising money for great causes.
- Coastal VA Wine Fest – January 27 (Virginia Beach)
There’s wine, craft beer, food, music, art & more at the 5th Annual Coastal Virginia WineFest.
- Chili Cook-Off and Vendor Fair – January 27 (Newport News)
This Chili Cook-Off is free admission and gives you access to shopping, BBQ, and loads of chili! Try different chilis from 8 local makers and vote for the best.
- International Wine Festival – January 28 (Roanoke)
Sample more than 30 wines along with craft brews while you enjoy live music & paired hors d’oeuvres at the Taubman Museum of Art’s Fifth Annual International Wine Festival.
- Oyster Festival at Little Washington Winery – January 30 (Sperryville)
Taste oysters on the half shell, chocolate & wine pairings, BBQ food trucks, and more at this oyster fest.