As Spring rolls in, areas all around Virginia are celebrating with outdoor food, wine, beer, and music festivals. This month is packed full of foodie activities for everyone to enjoy, so get outside and start eating! If you have a food or drink event to add to the calendar drop us a line and let us know.
- National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day – April 2
- National Beer Day – April 7
- The East Coast She Crab Soup Classic – April 7 (Virginia Beach)
Presented by the Culinary Institute of Virginia, this event has restaurants serve their individual recipes for crab soup and compete for People’s Choice Awards.
- April Fools’ Wine Festival – April 7 (Glen Allen)
Listen to live music, taste wine from six different wineries, visit local craft vendors, and browse the food truck court at this wine festival.
- Tom Tom Founders Festival – April 9-15 (Charlottesville)
Tom Tom celebrates innovators, visionaries and artists in dozens of outdoor spaces, theaters, galleries, and concert halls throughout the historic downtown Charlottesville.
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day – April 12
- National Peach Cobbler Day – April 13
- Williamsburg Music & Wine Festival – April 14 (Williamsburg)
This music & wine festival will be featuring six Virginia wineries, live music, food, and various vendors with all proceeds going to Housing Partnerships, Inc.
- 2018 Spring Fredericksburg Brewfest – April 14 (Fredericksburg)
Get ready for tons of craft beer samplings, live music and fun at this Brewfest.
- Clarksville Lake Country Wine Festival – April 14 (Clarksville)
Enjoy wine from over 17 Virginia wineries, live music, local food, and lake views at Clarksville Lake Country Wine Festival.
- Appomattox Oyster & Seafood Festival – April 14 (Appomattox)
Breweries, distilleries, wineries, food vendors and various craft vendors will be on hand for this event, along with 4 live bands and activities for all ages.
- Williamsburg Taste Festival – April 19-22 (Williamsburg)
Discover new cuisines, enjoy a craft cocktail or glass of wine, and meet the chefs, brew masters and vintners making Williamsburg a foodie destination.
- Blacksburg Fork & Cork Festival – April 21 (Blacksburg)
Sample some great vino in the Commonwealth, wine pairings and cooking demos throughout the day, handmade creations by local artists, culinary delights, and live music.
- Seafood & Brews Fest – April 21 (Roseland)
Held at Devil’s Backbone Brewing Co, this event celebrates the finest craft beer, music, and regionally inspired seafood dishes Virginia has to offer!
- Hoover Ridge Wool and Wine Festival – April 21 (Madison)
In conjunction with the annual sheepdog trials, there will be local wine tastings, food and wool vendors at this event.
- Rocktown Beer & Music Festival – April 21 (Harrisonburg)
Rain or shine this annual event celebrates good beer, good living, good music and a great community.
- Wineoraner Wine & Pet Festival – April 21 (Amherst)
A toast to man’s best friend, the Wineoraner is a Wine & Pet Festival on the grounds of picturesque Rebec Vineyard.
- Spring Oyster Crawl – April 21-22 (Chesapeake Bay)
Take on a Virginia oyster crawl with this weekend of oyster and wine pairings along the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail.
- National Picnic Day – April 23
- Bloomin’ Wine Fest – April 27 (Winchester)
Enjoy live entertainment, great food, and spectacular Virginia wines at this official kick-off of the 91st Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival.
- Gnarly Hops & Barley Fest – April 28 (Culpeper)
The Sixth Annual Gnarly Hops & Barley Fest will feature live music, great local food, and over 70 different great brews.