November is National Oyster Month in Virginia, and there’s oyster events aplenty around the state where you can get your oyster fix. You can also sip wine, cider, and other local delicacies at these foodie events in Virginia this month.
- Urbanna Oyster Festival – November 3-4 (Urbanna)
The Urbanna Oyster Festival is celebrating its 60th anniversary! The whole town of Urbanna is your spot to taste, buy, and try all things oyster for this event.
- Crab’s Express Oyster Roast – November 4 (Gloucester)
All you can eat oysters, drinks, side items, clam chowder, & more hosted by Crabs Express in Gloucester. Tickets are $25 early admission or $30 at the gates.
- Harvest on the Halfshell at Philip Carter Winery – November 4 (Hume)
Philip Carter Winery’s Harvest on the Halfshell has a little bit of everything – from fried oysters to oyster po’ boys. Don’t forget about the local wine, beer, & cider too.
- 6th Annual Island House Oyster Roast – November 4 (Wachapreague)
You’ll be right on the water breathing in the salty air at the 6th Annual Island House Oyster Roast. This event will feature freshly roasted oysters and other local treats and wine.
- 27th Annual Fredericksburg Area Wine Fest – November 4-5 (Fredericksburg)
Share some wine, dance, eat, shop and be in the moment at this wine festival in Fredericksburg.
- Reedville Fishermen’s Museum Annual Oyster Roast – November 11 (Reedville)
Called “The Best Oyster Roast in the Northern Neck”, savor all you can eat roasted and/or raw oysters at Reedville Fishermen’s Museum Annual Oyster Roast.
- Richmond Cider Celebration – November 11 (Richmond)
Kicking off Virginia Cider Week right, Richmond is celebrating with tastings, demos, interactive workshops and more from 10 cideries around the state.
- Shuckin’ on the Lancaster Green Oyster Roast – November 11 (Lancaster)
This annual fundraiser event will have a menu of steamed and raw oysters, stew, and more. There will also be live music and a raffle.
- Merroir & Terroir Oyster Extravaganza – November 11 (Machipongo)
Celebrate the Eastern Shore’s viticulture and aquaculture offerings at Chatham Vineyards with this hyper-local tastings of 6 different oysters and various wines.
- Virginia Living Museum Oyster Roast – November 11 (Newport News)
Enjoy all-you-can-eat fresh local Chesapeake Bay oysters, fried seafood, chowder, live music, raffles & more at the Virginia Living Museum’s sixth annual Oyster Roast!
- 5th Annual Fall Oyster Crawl – November 11-12 (Chesapeake)
What better way to try Virginia wines paired with oysters than a full out oyster crawl? Go to over 8 wineries over a 2 day weekend and try the unique oyster dishes & wine pairings.
- Oyster Roast at Cardinal Point Winery – November 11-12 (Afton)
Listen to live music and eat oysters served raw, steamed, fried, and stewed, along with crabcakes hot off the griddle at Cardinal Point Winery.
- Oysterfest at the Mimslyn Inn – November 18 (Luray)
Play cornhole, dance to live music, and eat oysters of all kinds at the Oysterfest at Mimslyn Inn.
- Creek’s Edge Winery Annual Oyster Feast – November 18 (Lovettsville)
Creek Edge Winery’s annual oyster feast includes all you can eat oysters, cornbread, and green beans along with a glass of your favorite Creek’s Edge wine.
- Taste by the Bay – November 18 (Irvington)
This 5th year event at the Tides Inn will include samplings from Virginia wineries and breweries, samplings from local restaurants & other fun activities!
- Oyster & South Festival – November 18 (Chesapeake)
The 6th Annual Oyster & South Festival will have delicious, fresh foods from local restaurants. beverages, live music, and plenty of southern-style fun for the family.