Harrisonburg, VA, tucked in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley is gaining recognition for its charm and fast-growing craft beer scene. If you’re planning to visit some of Harrisonburg’s five craft breweries, here’s what you need to know.
Harrisonburg, Virginia is known for its friendly atmosphere, rich history, and scenic beauty. As the home of James Madison University, the city has a youthful energy blended with a sense of community. Surrounded by the majestic Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains, Harrisonburg offers a backdrop of rolling hills and outdoor adventures, making it a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a relaxed pace of life.
The Best Breweries in Harrisonburg, Virginia
1. The Friendly Fermenter – Located in the heart of Harrisonburg, The Friendly Fermenter embodies the city’s welcoming spirit. This small nanobrewery is a favorite hangout, providing a local touch to the craft beer experience. They also have a full kitchen that serves delicious food, so come hungry!
2. Pale Fire Brewing Company – Located in the Ice House complex, this brewery is within walking distance from all the shops and restaurants that downtown has to offer. Stop in for a drink or enjoy one of their famous Detroit-style pizzas!
3. Restless Moons Brewing – Nestled in the heart of Harrisonburg, Restless Moons Brewing brings inventive releases to a lively outdoor space under the sparkling string lights, creating a unique atmosphere for beer and live music enthusiasts. They’re a self described “motley crew” and we love the casual atmosphere of this spot!
4. Three Notch’d Valley Collab House – While Three Notch’d has various locations around Virginia, Valley Collab House & Brewery is unqiue. They brew a brand new beer that they tap locally every single week, offering the freshest beer in Virginia.
5. Brothers Craft Brewing – This family owned spot is a destination for festivals and limited-edition releases. They also have an Experimental Release Bottle Club, perfect for beer enthusiasts who are looking to try something new!
About Harrisonburg, Virginia
Harrisonburg is a short drive from popular outdoor destinations like Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. The city is recognized for its diverse culinary scene with locally-owned restaurants showcasing farm-to-table and international cuisines. Don’t miss exploring the Downtown Historic District, known for its charming shops, vibrant arts scene, and historic architecture.