Spring is in full bloom and so are the outdoor festivals in Virginia! Everyone is eager to get out, get moving, and get eating in the Commonwealth this month. Plenty of beer, seafood, wine, BBQ, and strawberry festivals are in store this month. Find one near you with our list. IF YOU HAVE A FOOD OR DRINK EVENT TO ADD TO THE CALENDAR DROP US A LINE AND LET US KNOW.
- Beer & Wine Classic – May 4 (Richmond)
Enjoy live music, food trucks, lawn games and more while sampling some of Virginia’s finest beverages from dozens of local breweries, cideries and wineries.
- 50th Annual Chincoteague Seafood Festival – May 5 (Chincoteague)
Enjoy tons of local seafood at this Spring tradition that has been around for five decades.
- Blues, Brews, & BBQ – May 5 (Yorktown)
This festival on the river features local beer, BBQ, and blues music.
- Smith Mountain Lake Brews & Tunes Festival – May 5 (Moneta)
Taste multiple variations of food vendors as well as 20 local and regional craft breweries and cideries representing over 50 craft beers.
- Spring Town Point Virginia Wine Festival – May 5-6 (Norfolk)
Sample wines from over 25 Virginia wineries on the waterfront in Downtown Norfolk.
- National “Eat What You Want” Day – May 11
- Annual Strawberry Festival – May 11 (Rocky Mount)
Held at the Farmers’ Market in Downtown Rocky Mount, this festival is full of family fun and strawberries.
- Know Good Beer Festival – May 12 (Charlottesville)
Drink local beers, bourbons, spirits and more at this festival celebrating big beers and big fun.
- Deltaville Seafood Festival – May 12 (Deltaville)
Celebrate life on the waterfront with local seafood, live music, crab races, arts & crafts and more.
- “Of Ale and History” Beer Festival – May 12 (Middletown)
The longest running beer festival in Virginia serves up local brews, live music and vendors, and plenty of history.
- National Apple Pie Day – May 13
- National Barbecue Day – May 16
- Fredericksburg Greek Festival – May 18-20th (Fredericksburg)
Sample various Greek delicacies and enjoy lively music, dancing and celebration at the Fredericksburg Greek Festival.
- Spring Wine Festival & Sunset Tour – May 18-20th (Mount Vernon)
Join Mount Vernon for this popular event where you can sample wines from Virginia’s finest wineries while enjoying spectacular views at the estate.
- Strawberry Festival – May 19 (Stuart)
This annual strawberry fest offers arts and crafts, baked items made from strawberries, live music, and more.
- Brambleton Brewfest – May 19 (Brambleton)
Featuring over 25 local breweries, this festival is geared towards beer lovers and will also include food trucks, live music and other fun beer related activities.
- 17th Annual Virginia Beer Festival – May 19 (Norfolk)
Choose from a wide selection of over 150 beers and cider from Virginia and around the world.
- EPIC Fest – May 19 (Elkton)
Check out this festival for local food, beer, wine and other drink vendors along with live entertainment of five bands.
- Virginia Wine & Craft Festival – May 19 (Front Royal)
The 32nd Annual VA Wine & Craft Festival in historic downtown Front Royal will have shopping, live music, kids games and of course, wine tasting.
- Taste of Arlington – May 20 (Arlington)
Over 60 restaurants and local food trucks will participate in this spectacular community event which draws an average of 25,000 people each year.
- Whitetop Ramp Festival – May 20 (Whitetop)
Enjoy a day filled with arts & crafts, local food & drinks, and the highly anticipated Ramp Eating Contest.
- National Pick Strawberries Day – May 20
- National Wine Day – May 25
- St. Stephens Strawberry Festival – May 26 (Heathsville)
This year’s Strawberry Fest will have more vendors, more food, more music, more activities for kids, and more strawberries than ever before!
- 35th Annual Pungo Strawberry Festival – May 26-27 (Virginia Beach)
This popular event showcasing everything strawberries is expected to have an attendance of over 120,000 people this year.
- Delaplane Strawberry Festival – May 26-27 (Delaplane)
Family friendly entertainment, 5K race, corn hole, hayrides, kids’ games, strawberries and more.
- National Biscuit Day – May 29